My love for pens and pencils has gotten out of control. it’s difficult to think that I only really have 5 favorites, only 5 of the huge pile you are about to see really were used.
So what do you do when your writing utensils start to take over?
Simple steps to reduce the load:
1. collect all writing utensils from around the house; purses, bags, drawers and desks.
(this is what it looked like before)
2. Lay them all out according to their type
3. Test every utensil to see if it has dried out or is not functioning properly. Look for missing caps, or loose tips that could serve as a warning sign for an exploded pen.
4. I had tons of paint brushes. The dried ones were tossed away and the useful ones put neatly away in their case.
5. Choose only around 5-6 of your favorite to be put out for use. The remaining good ones can be rubber banded (by type) and placed in a baggie. This can then be stored away when you begin to run low. Ideally I will have self control not to purchase any more before my reserve is used up.
This is my remaining collection.
After a little cleaning the holder was sparkling and it was no longer stuffed full.