My allergens are especially bad in the water, however lately I have been waking up feeling better thanks to these home made decongestion my sister made. I put it on my chest/ neck and under my nose every night before bed. It smells similar to Vicks.
The recipe to make your own from Wellness mama
- ½ cup olive oil, coconut oil, or almond oil
- 2 level tablespoons of beeswax pastilles
- 20 drops of Eucalyptus Oil
- 20 drops Peppermint Oil
- 10 drops Rosemary Oil
- 10 drops cinnamon or clove oil (optional)
- Melt beeswax with oil of choice in a double boiler until just melted.
- Add the essential oils (use half the amount for a baby version or dilute with coconut oil before using)
- Stir until well mixed and pour into some type of container with a lid to store. Little tins work well, as do small jars. I also always make a few in lip chap sticks to keep in my purse or use on baby feet.
- Use as needed to help sooth coughing and congestion.
Who doesn’t love hoping into a nice clean bed after they are freshly showered? For me it’s one of my favorite feelings.
Shower. Some people prefer showering in the morning. The problem here is, despite two bathrooms only one person at a time can shower or else the water will turn off for someone. I can hear the water running which normally occurs around the time I was going to hop in the shower. Waiting till after doesn’t help because most of the hot water is gone. Showering at night has it’s benefits though. After a long hard day I love the feeling of hot water and some peace and quiet.
Face washing. Even if I do not shower at night, it’s extremely important to wash my face and moisturize.
Teeth brushing and flossing. Flossing has known to be forgotten, but I am trying to be better.
Dry hands are a problem for me throughout the day. I wash them a lot and after doing dishes they are as rough as sand paper. Putting hand lotion on at night is a practical solution if you do not like the oily, greedy feeling during the day. I use Super Salve from cottonwood herbals, which I purchased at a local health grocery store. They have a little easy shop and are from Wilson, NY which is local to me. The little jar is great too because it can be reused. It is important to look for hand lotions that do not contain alcohol, or other unknown ingredient (that can’t be pronounced).